I just want firstly thank Sophie from Beauty’s Bug for nominating me! I’m so flattered that people seem to like my blog! Seriously, I’m grateful for every reader I get and I hope to continue with this for as long as I can.
Here are the rules:
– Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog
– Answer the questions given by the nominator
– Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers and link them
– Notify all the bloggers you nominate
– Create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer
Update; whilst I was drafting this post up Hannah of Hanniemc had nominated me for the award too, which has definitely made my morning, thank you! I will be answering selected questions from both ladies.
1. If you could go back in time or step into the future, which would you do?
Right now I wish I could go back in time to rectify mistakes I’d made, it would just be an opportunity to do things differently and maybe my life would be completely different now, the future absolutely frightens me to be honest and for the most part I’m learning to stay focussed on the present. Last year was really difficult in some parts and I felt like I couldn’t cope and if there’s anything I’ve learnt, it’s that you can’t plan life, you just have to deal with whatever shit it throws your way because there are some things that are just beyond your control and life isn’t about fairness unfortunately. God, I’m sure this is a way too deep answer but there ya go.
2. What are your goals for 2015?
Be more proactive, make plans! Achieve goals and stop being so goddamn scared of failing. Cut out toxic heauxes from my life. Be there for my ride and die(s). Be better at texting/whatsapping back. Have a positive mind set and believe in myself a bit more. You can check out my beauty related goals here. (Plugging a post on my own blog, is this acceptable?)
3. Favourite childhood memory?
This one might gross some people out (maybe?) anyway in my old childhood home we had this storage cupboard in the kitchen and we would have one of those massive oil tins filled with rice and when I was little me and my brother would go in there and jump into the tin and let our feet sink into the rice. It’s just the weirdest sensation. Weird but relaxing and pleasant actually.
4. What makes you happy?
When I see acts of kindness from stranger to stranger, it just makes me have a bit more faith in humanity.
5. Do you know the meaning of your name, or were you named after anyone in particular?
According to google it means ‘Bay Laurel’, which I also had to google. I am named after a bay leaf plant. Neato. I don’t think I was named after anyone but then again I’ve never asked actually. Lets hope there wasn’t a shrub in the hospital room.
6. If you could play any instrument, what would it be and why?
The piano, it’s my favourite instrument and I just like it’s sound and it has the range to cover a whole spectrum of emotions. This is one of my favourite piano pieces.
7. If you were a vegetable, what would you be?
I am a vegetable already but I think I would be an aubergine. Because…
(I love courage, such a cutie.)
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and who would you go with?
I would love to visit Tokyo, mainly because of Lost in Translation and I would like to go with my wifey for lifey.
9. Are you a morning or night person?
I’m a night person who wishes she was a morning person. I just feel more creative when it’s dark but then again maybe it does take a whole day for my brain to boot up. But whose ever had a good idea at 7am?
10. What would you do if you won the lottery?
I would be so boring and practical if I won the lottery, I would pay off my parents’ mortgage and debts, pay off my student loan and invest in property. My parents spoilt me and my brothers even though we knew we weren’t well off, it would be a dream to absolve their debt so they can finally spend money on things they want, to take some time off and not work so hard all the time.
11. What are you scared of?
Not having my ambitions realised and spiders. Seriously, I can’t deal. Nothing should have eight legs, that just ain’t right.
Annnnnnnd I nominate the following bloggers;
And my questions for you guys are;
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your all time favourite make up product and why?
3. What is the best meal you’ve ever had?
4. Favourite song at the moment?
5. Describe yourself in three words.
6. Do you have any quirky mannerisms?
7. What was the last book you read?
8. Your house is on fire, what are the 3 things you save?
9. Favourite TV show at the moment?
10. If you won the lottery would you quit your job and never work again?
11. What did you want to be when you were younger?